Thursday 3 February 2011

Getting out of bed

The world lies heavy upon my eye-lids. I don't want to get out of bed.

Sleep is my last refuge, my one true hiding place, my sanctuary.

Sleep saves me from stress and hardship and delivers me to dreams where, actually....

I can be happy.

Sleep has no harsh lights or foreboding dark, it has only what I dare to conceive.

In sleep there is safety and comfort, and, if all else fails, reprieve.

I can always wake up.

But it's in waking up, getting up, going for the bus that the nightmares start.

It's going to work and dealing with people and not even wanting to fit in that darkens my heart.

So I'll just sleep, forever.

Sleep forever and wake up unburdened by life.

Sleep forever and wake up refreshed, raring to go.

Sleep forever and wake up alone...

Sleep forever and regret the life I've led.

No?

Well, fuck it then. I'm getting out of bed.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5