Friday 11 March 2011

Life in the words of....

"
This is my book, and this is how it reads
A documentary that nobody believes

Ginger Elvis Presley looked a fraction sad
Roaming the whole town from bin to bin
But living on the street isn't all that bad
Where no-one seems to that he's the King

Half an hour is seven hours
A year could be a decade, spent alone

You had a little time and you had a little fun
Didn't you?

You cheapened and you nastied every woman in this land
But you're so handy

Like pink lipstick on a 5 year old girl
It makes you think that it's a plastic world...
A plastic world and we're all plastic too
Just a couple of different faces in a dead man's queue

I want my sundrenched, windswept Ingrid Bergman kiss
And not in the next life
I want it in this

But if... If you choose
That we must always lose
Well then I'll sail this ship alone
Between the sharks and the treasure
I'll sail this ship alone
Through the pain and the pleasure

Your name is always mentioned in the jokes and cracks
Your Coach & Horses and your Woolpacks

They have the vocal chords of elephants
And the characters of mice

Good as gold, stupid as mud
They carry on regardless

I wrote this song for you

Let love speak up itself....
Let it rise up in the morning and take us for a walk
And let it do the talking
When we're too tired to talk

We are eachother

And... Now my face looks like a map of the town
And my teeth are either yellow or they're brown
But you'll never hear the crack of a frown when you are here
You'll never hear the crack of a frown
"
All quoted, in bits and pieces, from Paul Heaton and Dave Rotheray (the Beautiful South). The OST of my life! Angry / nostalgic montage. Lol.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5